Since a job interview is a great chance to showcase for your talents and qualifications, you must have a good preparation for it. In this section we bring you some tips to ace your job interview and get the job of your dreams. Consequently, try to follow these recommendations and make sure you meet all requirements detailed at the job description. Moreover, this handy tips will help you to prepare, dress, and deal job interviews. Pay attention to each tip and put it into practice if you want to be hired by a company.
- Find out information about company’s activities, products & services, background and values.
- Apply for a specific position.
- Ask a friend or counselor to help you with a job interview role-play.
- Have a brief speech to describe all your previous work experience and how it is related to the job you are applying for.
- Be ready to answer any kind of questions.
NOTE: Try to know in advance which kind of interview it is going to be held (face-to-face interview, panel interview, behavioral interview, case interview, telephone interview, group interview, dinner interview, stress interview). Since there is a wide range of job interviews, it is better to be prepared.
- Use formal clothes, women should wear suit and men wear ties.
- Show a groomed appearance, this include dress, shoes, haircut, portfolios, fingernails, and earrings.
- Avoid chewing gum or smoking.
- Arrive ten minutes earlier.
- Great your interviewer with a nice handshake.
- Mind your manners, nervous tics and modulate your voice.
- Be yourself and answer each question properly.
- Use formal language.
- Show an enthusiastic and proactive personality.
- Be careful of your body language it could express something you do not want to say.
- Let them know that you are the potential employee they are looking for and highlight your competence with factual information.
- Thank interviewer and send a thanks note so as to show your interest in the post.
What to bring to a job interview:
- Social Security card.
- Identification card.
- Updated references.
- Printed resumes.
- Photocopy of transcripts and recommendation letters.
Finally, it is recommended avoid making common mistakes such as arriving late or talking too much. Just give clear and brief answers. Add to this, it is important to know how to control anxiety, because it can create a wrong impression about you. Hence, make sure your body language is sending the right message to your interviewer. There are some articles about effective interview communication that can give you new insights into job interview process.
On the other hand, it is important to know company’s dress code, because it can increase your chances to get the job. We recommend you to follow these pieces of advice and prepare at home for such important day. Moreover, you can record yourself so as to see your mistakes and correct them.